This dish is easy to prepare and popular because it contains basic ingredients thay can be found in a kitchen cupboard!
Saudi-Asian Beef Kheema With Mushrooms & Red Kidney Beans.
3-4 tbs vegetable oil.
1\2 kilo minced beef (lamb ok but beef is best).
2-3 large tbs garlic and ginger paste.
1 large onion chopped finely.
2 green chillies finely chopped.
3-4 curry leaves.
1 tbs fresh thyme (or to taste).
1 can red kidney beans, washed and drained.
I can of tinned tomatoes (puree it and keep aside).
1 box of mushrooms, sliced.
Salt, white pepper and black pepper to taste.
I bunch of fresh green coriander, chopped finely.
1 cup of water.
Optional- 2 large hard bolied eggs-sliced.
1. Fry chopped onion until nearly golden.
2. Add chopped chillies, thyme and curry leaves and let fry for a couple of mins.
3. Add minced beef and fry well. Add the garlic & ginger paste, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add sliced mushrooms and fry. Give it a stir now and again.
5. Add pureed tomatoes. Let cook until oil appears on the surface. Give it an occassional stir. Once the oil appears, add one glass of water, mix and let cook for a further 10 mins.
6. Add kidney beans, mix and let cook for about ten mins. Taste it and see if you require more salt and pepper.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and sliced hard boiled eggs (optional).
Best served with a French baguette and a green salad.